Gordon Smyth Home:
- Giner, G, and Smyth, GK (2014).
A monotonically convergent Newton iteration for the quantiles of any unimodal distribution, with application to the inverse Gaussian distribution.
[Preprint 28 May 2014]
- Phipson, B, Lee, S, Majewski, IJ, Alexander, WS, and Smyth, GK (2013).
Empirical Bayes in the presence of exceptional cases, with application to microarray data.
Bioinformatics Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia.
[Preprint 22 May 2013]
- Sheikh, BN, Downer, NL, Phipson, B, Vanyai, HK, Kueh, AJ, McCarthy, DJ, Smyth, GK, Thomas, T and Voss, AK (2015).
MOZ and BMI1 play opposing roles during the activation of Hox gene expression.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.
(Accepted 24 March 2015)
- Shi W, Liao Y, Willis, SN, Taubenheim, N, Inouye, M, Tarlinton, DM, Smyth, GK, Hodgkin, PD, Nutt, SL and Corcoran, LM (2015).
Transcriptional profiling of mouse B cell terminal differentiation defines a signature for antibody-secreting plasma cells.
(Accepted 16 February 2015)
- Sheikh, BN, Phipson, B, El-Saafin, F, Vanyai, HK, Downer, NL, Bird, MJ, Kueh, AJ, May, RE, Smyth, GK, Voss, AK and Thomas, T (2015).
MOZ (MYST3, KAT6A) inhibits senescence via the INK4A-ARF pathway.
Oncogene doi: 10.1038/onc.2015.33.
(Accepted 23 January 2015, Epub 16 March 2015)
- Fu, NY, Rios, A, Pal, B, Soetanto, R, Lun, A, Liu, K, Beck, T, Best, S, Vaillant, F, Bouillet, P, Strasser, A, Preiss, T, Smyth, GK, Lindeman, G, and Visvader, J (2015).
EGF-mediated induction of Mcl-1 at the switch to lactation is essential for alveolar cell survival.
Nature Cell Biology doi: 10.1038/ncb3117.
(Accepted 19 January 2015, Epub 2 March 2015)
- Witkowski, MT, Cimmino, L, Hu, Y, Trimarchi, T, Tagoh, H, McKenzie, MD, Best, SA, Tuohey, L, Willson, TA, Nutt, SL, Meinrad Busslinger, M, Aifantis, I, and Smyth, GK, and Dickins, RA (2015).
Activated Notch counteracts Ikaros tumor suppression in mouse and human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Leukemia doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.27.
(Accepted 29 January 2015, Epub 6 February 2015)
- Sheikh, B, Lee, S, El-saafin, F, Vanyai, H, Hu, Y, Pang, SHM, Grabow, S, Strasser, A, Nutt, SL, Alexander, WS, Smyth, GK, Voss, AK, and Thomas, T (2015).
MOZ regulates B cell progenitors in mice, consequently, Moz haploinsufficiency dramatically retards MYC-induced lymphoma development.
Blood doi: 10.1182/blood-2014-08-594655.
(Accepted 12 January 2015, Epub 20 January 2015)
- Ritchie, ME, Phipson, B, Wu, D, Hu, Y, Law, CW, Shi, W, and Smyth, GK (2015).
limma powers differential expression analyses for RNA-sequencing and microarray studies.
Nucleic Acids Research Vol 43; doi: 10.1093/nar/gkv007
[Preprint 2 January 2015]
(Accepted 6 January 2015, Epub 20 January 2015)
- Vasanthakumar, A, Moro, K, Xin, A, Liao, Y, Gloury, R, Kawamoto, S, Fagarasan, S, Mielke, L, Afshar-Sterle, S, Masters, S, Nakae, S, Saito, H, Wentworth, JM, Li, P, Liao, W, Leonard, WJ, Smyth, GK, Shi, W, Nutt, SL, Koyasu, S, Kallies, A (2015).
The transcriptional regulators IRF4, BATF and IL-33 orchestrate development and maintenance of adipose tissue-resident regulatory T cells.
Nature Immunology 16, 276-285.
(Accepted 8 Dec 2014, Epub 19 January 2015, Published 1 March 2015)
- Morgan, M, Carey, V, Gentleman, R, Carlson, M, Carvalho, B, Bravo, HC, Davis, S, Gatto, L, Girke, T, Gottardo, R, Hahne, F, Hansen, K, Irizarry, R, Lawrence, M, Love, M, MacDonald, J, Obenchain, V, Oles, A, Pagès, H, Reyes, A, Anders, S, Shannon, P, Smyth, GK, Tenenbaum, D, Waldron, L, Huber, W (2015).
Orchestrating high-throughput genomic analysis with Bioconductor.
Nature Methods 12, 115-121.
(Accepted 15 Dec 2014, Published 29 January 2015)
- Overview of the csaw package.
Bioconductor Newsletter, January 2015.
Epub = Electronic Publication ahead of print (aka Advance Online Publication)