Gordon Smyth Home
- Giner, G, and Smyth, GK (2014).
A monotonically convergent Newton iteration for the quantiles of any unimodal distribution, with application to the inverse Gaussian distribution.
[Preprint 28 May 2014]
- Phipson, B, Lee, S, Majewski, IJ, Alexander, WS, and Smyth, GK (2013).
Empirical Bayes in the presence of exceptional cases, with application to microarray data.
Bioinformatics Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia.
[Preprint 22 May 2013]
- Tellier, J, Shi, W, Minnich, M, Liao, Y, Crawford, S, Smyth, GK, Kallies, A, Busslinger, M, and Nutt, SL (2015).
Blimp1 controls plasma cell function through regulation of immunoglobulin secretion and the unfolded protein response.
(Accepted 30 September 2015)
- Lun, ATL, Smyth, GK (2015).
From reads to regions: a Bioconductor workflow to detect differential binding in ChIP-seq data.
(Accepted 7 September 2015)
- Khong, JJ, Wang, LY, Smyth, GK, McNab, AA, Hardy, TG, Selva, D, Llamas, B, Jung, C-H, Sharma, S, Burdon, KP, Ebeling, PR, Craig, JE (2015).
Gene expression profiling of orbital adipose tissue in thyroid orbitopathy.
Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science.
(Accepted 9 August 2015)
- Lun, ATL, Chen, Y, and Smyth, GK (2015).
It’s DE-licious: a recipe for differential expression analyses of RNA-seq experiments using quasi-likelihood methods in edgeR.
Methods in Molecular Biology.
[Preprint 8 April 2015]
- Sheikh, BN, Phipson, B, El-Saafin, F, Vanyai, HK, Downer, NL, Bird, MJ, Kueh, AJ, May, RE, Smyth, GK, Voss, AK and Thomas, T (2015).
MOZ (MYST3, KAT6A) inhibits senescence via the INK4A-ARF pathway.
Oncogene doi: 10.1038/onc.2015.33.
(Accepted 23 January 2015, Epub 16 March 2015)
- Liu, X, Liu, R, Croker, BA, Lawlor, KE, Smyth, GK, and Wicks, IP (2015).
Distinctive pro-inflammatory gene signatures induced in articular chondrocytes by oncostatin M and IL-6 are regulated by Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling-3.
Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 23, 1743-1754.
(Accepted 21 May 2015, Epub 2 June 2015, Published 1 October 2015)
- Liu, R, Holik, A, Su, S, Jansz, N, Chen, K, Leong, HS, Blewitt, M, Asselin-Labat, M-L, Smyth, GK, Ritchie, ME (2015).
Why weight? Modelling sample and observational level variability improves power in RNA-seq analyses.
Nucleic Acids Research 43, e97.
(Accepted 17 April 2015, Epub 29 April 2015, Published 3 September 2015)
- Lun, ATL, and Smyth, GK (2015).
diffHic: a Bioconductor package to detect differential genomic interactions in Hi-C data.
BMC Bioinformatics 16, 258.
(Accepted 21 July 2015, Published 19 August 2015)
- Pal, B, Chen, Y, Bert, A, Yifang Hu, Y, Beck, T, Sheridan, JM, Shi, W, Satterley, K, Jamieson, P, Goodall, GJ, Lindeman, GJ, Smyth, GK, and Visvader, JE (2015).
Integration of microRNA signatures of distinct mammary epithelial cell types with their gene expression and epigenetic portraits.
Breast Cancer Research 17, 85.
(Accepted 2 May 2015, Published 18 June 2015)
- Shi W, Liao Y, Willis, SN, Taubenheim, N, Inouye, M, Tarlinton, DM, Smyth, GK, Hodgkin, PD, Nutt, SL and Corcoran, LM (2015).
Transcriptional profiling of mouse B cell terminal differentiation defines a signature for antibody-secreting plasma cells.
Nature Immunology 16, 663-673.
(Accepted 16 February 2015, Epub 20 April 2015, Published 1 June 2015)
- Witkowski, MT, Cimmino, L, Hu, Y, Trimarchi, T, Tagoh, H, McKenzie, MD, Best, SA, Tuohey, L, Willson, TA, Nutt, SL, Meinrad Busslinger, M, Aifantis, I, Smyth, GK, and Dickins, RA (2015).
Activated Notch counteracts Ikaros tumor suppression in mouse and human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Leukemia 29, 1301-1311.
(Accepted 29 January 2015, Epub 6 February 2015, Published 1 June 2015)
- Ng AP, Hu Y, Metcalf D, Hyland CD, Ierino H, Phipson B, Wu D, Baldwin TM, Kauppi M, Kiu H, Di Rago L, Hilton DJ, Smyth GK, Alexander WS (2015).
Early lineage priming by trisomy of Erg leads to myeloproliferation in a Down syndrome model.
PLOS Genetics 11, e1005211.
(Accepted 14 April 2015, Published 14 May 2015)
- Sheikh, BN, Downer, NL, Phipson, B, Vanyai, HK, Kueh, AJ, McCarthy, DJ, Smyth, GK, Thomas, T and Voss, AK (2015).
MOZ and BMI1 play opposing roles during Hox gene activation in ES cells and in body segment identity specification in vivo.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 112, 5437-5442.
(Accepted 24 March 2015, Epub 14 April 2015, Published 28 April 2015)
- Ritchie, ME, Phipson, B, Wu, D, Hu, Y, Law, CW, Shi, W, and Smyth, GK (2015).
limma powers differential expression analyses for RNA-sequencing and microarray studies.
Nucleic Acids Research 43, e47.
[Preprint 2 January 2015]
(Accepted 6 January 2015, Epub 20 January 2015, Published 20 April 2015)
- Sheridan, JM, Ritchie, ME, Best, SA, Jiang, K, Beck, TJ, Vaillant, F, Liu, K, Dickins, RA, Smyth, GK, Lindeman, GJ, Visvader, JE. (2015).
A pooled shRNA screen for regulators of primary mammary stem and progenitor cells identifies roles for Asap1 and Prox1.
BMC Cancer 15, 221.
(Accepted 12 March 2015, Published 3 April 2015)
- Fu, NY, Rios, AC, Pal, B, Soetanto, R, Lun, AT, Liu, K, Beck, T, Best, SA, Vaillant, F, Bouillet, P, Strasser, A, Preiss, T, Smyth, GK, Lindeman, GJ, and Visvader, J (2015).
EGF-mediated induction of Mcl-1 at the switch to lactation is essential for alveolar cell survival.
Nature Cell Biology 17, 365-375.
(Accepted 19 January 2015, Epub 2 March 2015, Published 1 April 2015)
- Smyth, G. K. (2015).
Optimization and Nonlinear Equations.
Wiley StatsRef: Statistics Reference Online, 1-9.
[Preprint 12 November 2014]
(Accepted 20 November 2014, Published 31 March 2015)
- Sheikh, BN, Lee, SC, El-Saafin, F, Vanyai, HK, Hu, Y, Pang, SH, Grabow, S, Strasser, A, Nutt, SL, Alexander, WS, Smyth, GK, Voss, AK, and Thomas, T (2015).
MOZ regulates B cell progenitors in mice and, consequently, Moz haploinsufficiency dramatically retards MYC-induced lymphoma development.
Blood 125, 1910-1921.
(Accepted 12 January 2015, Epub 20 January 2015, Published 19 March 2015)
- Vasanthakumar, A, Moro, K, Xin, A, Liao, Y, Gloury, R, Kawamoto, S, Fagarasan, S, Mielke, L, Afshar-Sterle, S, Masters, S, Nakae, S, Saito, H, Wentworth, JM, Li, P, Liao, W, Leonard, WJ, Smyth, GK, Shi, W, Nutt, SL, Koyasu, S, Kallies, A (2015).
The transcriptional regulators IRF4, BATF and IL-33 orchestrate development and maintenance of adipose tissue-resident regulatory T cells.
Nature Immunology 16, 276-285.
(Accepted 8 Dec 2014, Epub 19 January 2015, Published 1 March 2015)
- Huber, W, Carey, VJ, Gentleman, R, Anders, S, Carlson, M, Carvalho, BS, Bravo, HC, Davis, S, Gatto, L, Girke, T, Gottardo, R, Hahne, F, Hansen, KD, Irizarry, RA, Lawrence, M, Love, MI, MacDonald, J, Obenchain, V, Oles, AK, Pagès, H, Reyes, A, Shannon, P, Smyth, GK, Tenenbaum, D, Waldron, L, Morgan, M (2015).
Orchestrating high-throughput genomic analysis with Bioconductor.
Nature Methods 12, 115-121.
(Accepted 15 Dec 2014, Epub 29 January 2015, Published 1 February 2015)
- Overview of the csaw package.
Bioconductor Newsletter, January 2015.
(Published 5 January 2015)
Epub = Electronic Publication ahead of print (aka Advance Online Publication)