Gordon Smyth Home:
Lun, ATL, and Chen, Y, and Smyth, GK (2015).
It’s DE-licious: a recipe for differential expression analyses of RNA-seq experiments using quasi-likelihood methods in edgeR.
Bioinformatics Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia,
[Preprint 8 April 2015]
- Giner, G, and Smyth, GK (2014).
A monotonically convergent Newton iteration for the quantiles of any unimodal distribution, with application to the inverse Gaussian distribution.
[Preprint 28 May 2014]
- Phipson, B, Lee, S, Majewski, IJ, Alexander, WS, and Smyth, GK (2013).
Empirical Bayes in the presence of exceptional cases, with application to microarray data.
Bioinformatics Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Australia.
[Preprint 22 May 2013]
- Pal, B, Chen, Y, Bert, A, Yifang Hu, Y, Beck, T, Sheridan, JM, Shi, W, Satterley, K, Jamieson, P, Goodall, GJ, Lindeman, GJ, Smyth, GK, and Visvader, JE (2015).
Integration of microRNA signatures of distinct mammary epithelial cell types with their gene expression and epigenetic portraits.
Breast Cancer Research
(Accepted 2 May 2015)
- Liu, R, Holik, A, Su, S, Jansz, N, Chen, K, Leong, HS, Blewitt, M, Asselin-Labat, M-L, Smyth, GK, Ritchie, ME (2015).
Why weight? Modelling sample and observational level variability improves power in RNA-seq analyses.
Nucleic Acids Research.
(Accepted 17 April 2015)
- Ng, AP, Hu, Y, Metcalf, D, Hyland, CD, Phipson, B, Wu, D, Baldwin, TM, Kauppi, M, Kiu, H, Rago, LD, Hilton, DJ, Smyth, GK, Alexander, WS (2015).
Early lineage priming by trisomy of Erg leads to myeloproliferation in a Down syndrome model.
(Accepted 14 April 2015)
- Shi W, Liao Y, Willis, SN, Taubenheim, N, Inouye, M, Tarlinton, DM, Smyth, GK, Hodgkin, PD, Nutt, SL and Corcoran, LM (2015).
Transcriptional profiling of mouse B cell terminal differentiation defines a signature for antibody-secreting plasma cells.
Nature Immunology doi:10.1038/ni.3154.
(Accepted 16 February 2015, Epub 20 April 2015)
- Sheikh, BN, Downer, NL, Phipson, B, Vanyai, HK, Kueh, AJ, McCarthy, DJ, Smyth, GK, Thomas, T and Voss, AK (2015).
MOZ and BMI1 play opposing roles during Hox gene activation in ES cells and in body segment identity specification in vivo.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America doi:10.1073/pnas.1422872112.
(Accepted 24 March 2015, Epub 14 April 2015)
- Sheikh, BN, Phipson, B, El-Saafin, F, Vanyai, HK, Downer, NL, Bird, MJ, Kueh, AJ, May, RE, Smyth, GK, Voss, AK and Thomas, T (2015).
MOZ (MYST3, KAT6A) inhibits senescence via the INK4A-ARF pathway.
Oncogene doi: 10.1038/onc.2015.33.
(Accepted 23 January 2015, Epub 16 March 2015)
- Fu, NY, Rios, A, Pal, B, Soetanto, R, Lun, A, Liu, K, Beck, T, Best, S, Vaillant, F, Bouillet, P, Strasser, A, Preiss, T, Smyth, GK, Lindeman, G, and Visvader, J (2015).
EGF-mediated induction of Mcl-1 at the switch to lactation is essential for alveolar cell survival.
Nature Cell Biology doi: 10.1038/ncb3117.
(Accepted 19 January 2015, Epub 2 March 2015)
- Witkowski, MT, Cimmino, L, Hu, Y, Trimarchi, T, Tagoh, H, McKenzie, MD, Best, SA, Tuohey, L, Willson, TA, Nutt, SL, Meinrad Busslinger, M, Aifantis, I, Smyth, GK, and Dickins, RA (2015).
Activated Notch counteracts Ikaros tumor suppression in mouse and human T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Leukemia doi: 10.1038/leu.2015.27.
(Accepted 29 January 2015, Epub 6 February 2015)
- Ritchie, ME, Phipson, B, Wu, D, Hu, Y, Law, CW, Shi, W, and Smyth, GK (2015).
limma powers differential expression analyses for RNA-sequencing and microarray studies.
Nucleic Acids Research 43, e47.
[Preprint 2 January 2015]
(Accepted 6 January 2015, Epub 20 January 2015, Published 20 April 2015)
- Sheridan, JM, Ritchie, ME, Best, SA, Jiang, K, Beck, TJ, Vaillant, F, Liu, K, Dickins, RA, Smyth, GK, Lindeman, GJ, Visvader, JE. (2015).
A pooled shRNA screen for regulators of primary mammary stem and progenitor cells identifies roles for Asap1 and Prox1.
BMC Cancer 15, 221.
(Published 3 April 2015)
- Smyth, G. K. (2015).
Optimization and Nonlinear Equations.
Wiley StatsRef: Statistics Reference Online, 1-9.
[Preprint 12 November 2014]
(Accepted 20 November 2014, Published 31 March 2015)
- Sheikh, BN, Lee, SC, El-Saafin, F, Vanyai, HK, Hu, Y, Pang, SH, Grabow, S, Strasser, A, Nutt, SL, Alexander, WS, Smyth, GK, Voss, AK, and Thomas, T (2015).
MOZ regulates B cell progenitors in mice and, consequently, Moz haploinsufficiency dramatically retards MYC-induced lymphoma development.
Blood 125, 1910-1921
(Accepted 12 January 2015, Epub 20 January 2015, Published 19 March 2015)
- Vasanthakumar, A, Moro, K, Xin, A, Liao, Y, Gloury, R, Kawamoto, S, Fagarasan, S, Mielke, L, Afshar-Sterle, S, Masters, S, Nakae, S, Saito, H, Wentworth, JM, Li, P, Liao, W, Leonard, WJ, Smyth, GK, Shi, W, Nutt, SL, Koyasu, S, Kallies, A (2015).
The transcriptional regulators IRF4, BATF and IL-33 orchestrate development and maintenance of adipose tissue-resident regulatory T cells.
Nature Immunology 16, 276-285.
(Accepted 8 Dec 2014, Epub 19 January 2015, Published 1 March 2015)
- Huber, W, Carey, VJ, Gentleman, R, Anders, S, Carlson, M, Carvalho, BS, Bravo, HC, Davis, S, Gatto, L, Girke, T, Gottardo, R, Hahne, F, Hansen, KD, Irizarry, RA, Lawrence, M, Love, MI, MacDonald, J, Obenchain, V, Oles, AK, Pagès, H, Reyes, A, Shannon, P, Smyth, GK, Tenenbaum, D, Waldron, L, Morgan, M (2015).
Orchestrating high-throughput genomic analysis with Bioconductor.
Nature Methods 12, 115-121.
(Accepted 15 Dec 2014, Published 29 January 2015)
- Overview of the csaw package.
Bioconductor Newsletter, January 2015.
(Published 5 January 2015)
Epub = Electronic Publication ahead of print (aka Advance Online Publication)